About the Festival
Bringing extraordinary and unique experiences to young people, the EQT Pittsburgh International Children’s Festival is dedicated to continuing the tradition of theater for your children. Live performances engage people from different cultures and perspectives, showing them different ways to express ideas. This year the 28th Festival moves to downtown PIttsburgh’s vibrant Cultural District, showcasing classic Festival experiences as well as new adventures, performances and theater.
May 14-18, 2014
This year in the Cultural District, we have for you:
This year’s Festival lineup includes artists from Spain, Israel, Netherlands, Denmark, Canada, the United Kingdom and the USA (May 14-18). Throughout the Festival, children are encouraged to participate in the process and each event will be as educational as it is fun!
-Other Events & Activities:
- 30 or more FREE hands-on educational and cultural activities
- FREE outdoor Community Stage featuring local and regional artists
- Stories and activities from Citiparks’ Alphabet Trail & Tales and Roving Art Cart
- Pop-up LilyPad Park at the center of the Festival footprint
- Frog Stop Scavenger Hunt throughout the Cultural District